Repair of Full Exclusion Barrier Nets for Floating Surface Collector
A catastrophic failure of a net provided by others occurred within weeks of its deployment. When the Swift reservoir pool was lowered, the nets supporting structure and other critical performance features were lost, resulting in application failure. Pacific Netting Products was contacted by the owners and on inspection, we found a number of causes for failure, including the original manufactures use of traditional net design techniques.
We worked closely with the owner and their engineer to help the owner salvage some of their investment and quickly mobilized a team and equipment for this first of its kind, in water renovation resulting in a major redesign and repair of this 2400 ft. long, 500,000 sq. foot barrier net. After on-site redesign and rebuild of the barrier, it is now effectively deployed and ready to provide fish guidance for the downstream migrating smolts in the 2015 upcoming season.
- Nearly 500,000 sq. ft. of Full Exclusion Guide Net, surface to lake bottom
- Satisfies regulatory requirements
- Built with 1/8” x 1/8” and 1/4” x 1/4” Dyneema Netting
- Submersible boat gate allows for easy access for dam maintenance
- PNP Wave Attenuator:› Protects the NTS and FSC
- Improves fish collection and survival
- Address extreme environmental conditions